1. How do I submit my research papers?
A: Please email both a word/ pdf version to bvia.icapital.biz. Refer here.
2. If my team mate consists of students from different universities, is my team still qualified to participate?
A: Yes, teams can also consist of students pursuing different majors & years of study, provided they are undergraduate students.
3. Will all my team members be provided a return ticket if we’re shortlisted for the final stage?
A: Yes, we will arrange for two-way flights to Kuala Lumpur for all team members of shortlisted teams.
4. Are we able to choose any stock we like? Or is there a preselected list of stocks we can choose from?
A: The stock analysis can be for any stock that icapital.biz Berhad currently owns. icapital.biz Berhad is listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia under the stock code of 5108.
5. I am not sure where to check the list of stocks that icapital.biz Berhad owns. Can you help me?
A: To be fair to all participants, we cannot disclose the stocks which icapital.biz Berhad (ICAP, 5108) owns or where you would be able to get the information. This is part of your research work.
6. It is mentioned that teams must comprise of up to 3 members. Does it mean that teams of 2 are also eligible to participate in the competition?
A: Yes, teams can consist a maximum of 3 members (individual or groups of two to three) in a team.
7. I was hoping to take part in this competition with some friends from university, but have not yet finalised the team that I will sign up with. Can I change my team members after registration?
A: Yes you can. Please note that amendments to the team members can only be done before the submission date, 17 March 2019. Any amendments after the submission date will not be taken into account. If you were to change your members before the stage 1 submission (17 March 2019), kindly email us the necessary firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Who are the judges of stage 1 & stage 2?
A: Stage 1 will be internal judges by Capital Dynamics. In stage 2, we will be inviting external judges. Please refer to our website for any updates.
9. Are there any guidelines for the research papers?
A: Please refer here.
10. I’m currently taking my second degree, am I still considered as an undergraduate student?
A: No, undergraduates are defined as students undertaking their first degree. Please refer to our rules & regulations.
11. I’m currently a diploma student, am I still considered as an undergraduate student?
A: Yes, you are eligible to participate in the competition as diploma students are also considered as undergraduate students.
12. If I don’t register in time, can I still submit the research papers?
A: It is not compulsory for you to complete the registration form on our website in order to submit your research papers on the 17 March 2019 . However, we encourage you to still register your details to ease the logistics on our end. Don’t worry, if you missed the registration deadline, you can still register on our website accordingly.
13. Can I get help from my lecturers/mentors?
A: That is up to your team’s discretion.
14. What is the format of the presentation?
A: The brief format.
Further information will be disclosed to shortlisted participants.
15. Is registration free?
A: Yes, no payment is required.
16. Is there a limit to how many teams a university can send to participate in this competition?
A: No, there are no limitations.
17. I realised the competition dates were revised, why is this so?
A: Yes, you may have received an earlier invitation from us pertaining to this competition in October 2018. Since then, we received multiple requests from various universities globally seeking for an extension of the submission deadline in order to accommodate for their university examination timetables and semester breaks. As we wish to encourage greater participation from undergraduates globally, we have decided to make the following amendments to the key dates of the 2019 Budding Value Investor Award:
Submission: 17 March 2019 (for all participants)
Final Stage: 13 April 2019, Saturday
18. Am I allowed to include global stocks in my research paper?
A: icapital.biz Berhad only invests in Malaysian equities listed on the Main and ACE Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad. Therefore, stocks from other countries are not applicable because they cannot be held by icapital.biz Berhad.
19. Can I make amendments to the flight tickets to Malaysia?
A: Capital Dynamics covers only the lowest-cost roundtrip option that takes travellers from their departure city to the competition location and back. If travellers decide to extend their stay, choose different layovers, etc., Capital Dynamics will pay only for the lowest-cost roundtrip option. Extra costs will be incurred by the travellers.
20. I have finished my studies but have yet to graduate, can I still participate?
A: You are only required to be an active undergraduate student prior registration. Hence, undergraduate students who have completed their studies but have yet to graduate can participate in this competition.